Most guarded secrets of how and why use candlesticks in your wedding styling
With wedding proposal season soon upon us, we here at KTV love nothing more than elegance, sophistication and romance incorporated in your wedding. We like to give advice where we can and this time, we are focusing on the most popular choice of wedding styling – CANDLESTICKS.
Using candles for centrepieces of your tables is a tried and tested method of inserting intimate atmosphere in any wedding. The beauty of candlestick holders is that you can be selective, finding the perfect ones for whatever theme of the wedding you are planning. You can add a dash of style and a lux feel to your décor in gorgeous hues of silver and gold from our SILVER ROMANCE and GOLD ELEGANCE EXCLUSIVE STYLING COLLECTIONS. You can also use timeless brass candlesticks, the trend that will never pass and now making a huge come back, such stylish and perfect in every way from our WARM METALLICS EXCLUSIVE STYLING COLLECTION. If you are looking for something a bit classier and more modern and you are the bride who like to be different and is not scared to be unique than our black metal candlesticks from SIGNATURE BLACK INDUSTRIAL EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIONS will be perfect for you.
Candlesticks are a popular wedding centrepiece, but many couples don't know how to use them. In this blog, we will sharing the most guided secrets and some of the best practices for using candlesticks in your wedding centrepiece.
What is a purpose of a candlestick holder?
The prime function of candle holders is to provide a secure and safe base for candles to avoid any mishaps. Placing a lighted candle without a sturdy base is like waiting for a disaster to happen. Even a slight push can cause the candle to fall over, and the tablecloth or curtains might catch fire.
What is a candlestick centrepiece?
A candlestick centrepiece is a decorative item that is placed on a wedding reception table. They can be made from many different materials, including metal, wood, and glass. Candlesticks are popular wedding centrepieces because they are simple to set up and easy to transport. They can be used in any type of wedding theme. There are many types of candlesticks that can be used for weddings.
Choosing the right candlestick for your wedding
You need to choose the right type of candlestick for your wedding theme. If you're having a floral wedding, consider using a classy and elegant candlestick. If you're going for a rustic look, think about incorporating wooden candlestick into your centrepiece.
Choosing the colour of candlestick for your wedding
One of the most important things to consider when selecting a candlestick for your wedding centrepiece is its colour. Not only will this help to add some visual interest to your table, but it can also help to tie in with the theme of your wedding. If you're looking for a specific colour, be sure to ask your stylist and florist about availability. Another great way to use a candlestick in your wedding is to highlight flowers in your centrepiece. This can be done by placing the candlestick on top of the flower, or by placing it next to the flower stem. When selecting a candlestick for your wedding, it's important to choose one that matches the theme of your wedding. If you're having a beach themed wedding, for example, you might want to consider selecting a white or light blue candlestick.
Here are five tips for using candlesticks in weddings:
1) Choose the right type of candle – There are many different types of candles that can be used with candlestick centrepieces. You need to choose a candle that will coordinate with your wedding theme.
2) Choose the right size – Make sure to choose a size candlestick that will fit on your reception table perfectly.
3) Choose the right material – You can choose metal, wood, or glass candlesticks for your wedding reception table.
4) Decide where to place it – Place your candlestick where it will look best on your reception table.
5) Consider adding other elements – You can also add other elements to your centrepiece, such as flowers or leaves.
Tips for placing a candlestick on a wedding reception table:
1) Choose the right spot – Before you place the candle on the centrepiece, make sure to determine where it will go on the table. Try to find an area that will look at its best.
2) Arrange it carefully – Once you've chosen the spot, arrange the candle so it looks its best. Be sure to balance it out so it doesn't look too heavy or too light.
3) Balance it out – If there are any weights on one side of the candle, be sure to balance them out with weights on the other side of the candle before positioning it on the centrepiece. Otherwise, it may topple over when guests start to eat.
4) Don't overdo it – Although a candlestick is an elegant addition to your wedding reception table, don't overuse them or they may lose their impact. Keep them minimalistic if possible!
How to choose the right candlestick size for your wedding table:
When choosing the right size for your table candlestick, make sure to account for the height of your centrepiece and any other decorations you might be using. Here are a few tips to help you out:
1) Decide on the focal point – What is the main attraction of your centrepiece? Once you know this, it will be easier to determine the necessary size.
2) Choose a size that's proportional – When selecting a table candle, make sure it's proportional in size to the centrepiece it's going with. This way, everything will look harmonious when viewed together.
3) Use a guideline – If you're not sure what size to choose, use a guideline like those found on store shelves or online. This way, you can be sure that everything will look coordinated when set up.
With these small tips you will be able to choose the perfect candlesticks for your wedding reception table.
Candlesticks make a lovely addition to any wedding reception table, and there are many options to choose from. If you're looking for something classic, go for a silver candlestick. If you want something more contemporary, try opting for a mercury or crystal design. Whatever your style, be sure to find the perfect centrepiece for your wedding reception!
If you are looking for a venue stylist in Northamptonshire or Leicestershire who can assist you with creating the most incredible table styling for your big day contact us today and book free consultation to chat about your most amazing day!
P.S. If you are inspired by this blog and want to find out more about incorporating candles into your wedding or event, then be sure to read our blog, SHOW SOME LOVE FOR WEDDING CANDLES!