Outdoor Wedding Styling!
Outdoor wedding styling is totally underrated. Most people are so focused on their reception décor that they forget about the outdoor spaces. But with a little imagination and some stylish ideas, you can make your wedding look like a million bucks.
Whether it is an outdoor ceremony, reception or just the entrance to your nuptials that doesn't mean you can or should leave them empty.
Candles, flowers, and fabric backdrops are the way to go on your wedding day. You can do a little or do a lot, but it makes such a big difference - and in an event that you'll always remember, why would you compromise?
Here are some tips on styling your outdoor wedding to make it look luxurious and amazing!
1. Start by choosing the right location. If your wedding is taking place outdoors, find a spot that's picturesque and peaceful. You don't want any distractions from the ceremony or reception, so choose an area where there's plenty of room for all the styling options you want to have.
2. Use natural materials for furniture and decor. When you're styling an outdoor wedding, it's important to use things that will blend in seamlessly with the surroundings. For example, use sturdy wooden chairs instead of delicate metal ones or go for rustic centrepieces made from branches and leaves.
3. Choose neutral colours for everything! The whole point of styling an outdoor wedding is to create a relaxing atmosphere, so stick to neutrals like white, light green or brown. This will help calm down any chaotic elements (like crazy guests!) and give your wedding a more serene appeal. If that's not your bag, then go big with beautiful bright pops of colour which will really take your wedding to the next level.
4. Use candles and flowers to add a touch of luxury. A simple candle in a glass container is a beautiful way to add some warmth and romance to your ceremony space. And if you're feeling extra fancy, use flowers as centrepieces or bouquets for your guests to take home with them. Candlelight is a sure-fire way to add elements of romance to your wedding. If you're feeling extra creative, try setting up a few candlelit votives in different areas of your outdoor wedding spaces. This will not only add interest but also create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
5. Make sure there are plenty of soft pillows around! When you're lying-in bed at home thinking about how perfect your wedding was (or wasn't), having some fluffy pillows nearby will help ease the pain a little bit. And hey – who knows?
Maybe you'll get lucky enough to actually have another one later on!
6. If you're having a ceremony outdoors, make sure to have some beautiful rose petals scattered around. Rose petals are classic wedding decor, and they add an elegant touch that is perfect for any outdoor wedding. Plus, they smell amazing!
7. Fabrics and backdrops should also be on your mind when it comes to styling your outdoor wedding. With all the natural light shining down on everything, there's no need to over-accessorize or break the bank. Stick with simple linens like chiffon or cheesecloth and a beautiful backdrop – you'll be amazed at how much of a difference a little bit of pro styling can make!
8. Consider using some fun and whimsical props. Trees with glowing leaves, twinkling lights, or even a bubbling fountain can add an extra bit of magic to your ceremony or reception. Just be sure to pick things that fit in with your theme and don't go too overboard – you don't want your guests leaving feeling as if they've been to a circus!
There you have it – 8 styling tips for your outdoor wedding! When you think back to the most magical day of your life the last thing you want is regrets! I wish I had done this or that.
You can have the most perfect wedding ever with just a few little tweaks here and there. and this is where the team at KTV can help you, follow these easy tips when you start your wedding planning and you'll be on your way to having the most perfectly styled outdoor wedding in no time!
Remember, whatever you do, don't forget the sunscreen (or at least SPF 50)!
Book an appointment at our Design studio to find out more!
Love this blog, then be sure to read our blog dedicated to our styling collections.